Thursday, July 8, 2010

English Camp Week 1


Sorry its been awhile since i last updated. Things have started to pick upbecause of the English Camp and my new host family. They are very family oriented so I havent had much time to myself to update my blog or post pictures. But i think that that is a good thing. This host family has been so wonderful. There are three kids, one boy (14 i think) and two girls (9 and 7 yrs old) and a mom and a dad. Here are some pictures of us watching the game at the house. It was kinda nice and relaxing verses watching the game with a crowd which can be hot and miserable but fun at the same time.
However, here are some pictures of a bunch of us watching the game two weeks ago at a basketball gym with a huge crowd. that
was insane.
anywhoo other than the host family I've been busy w/ the English Camp. I've met a lot of cool new people from all over the states. I am totally in my element with getting to know people and hanging out with them. Its been a really nice change compared to it being just Jared and I. Dont get me wrong Jared has been a pretty cool partner to travel around Spain with. and he's very chill which is nice.

The English Camp on the other han
d is anything but chill. I can safely say that I am beyond exhausted and tired. Its been super hot over here so that doesnt help either. With that being said its been so much fun working with these kids and teaching them english while also having a blast. We've done crafts, sports, taught them songs, and had time in a classroom setting teaching them new words. and to see God working in the monitors and group leaders has been inspiring and encouraging. I have met alot of people who have inspired to really give my life to serve God and to be open to his will and purpose for my life. There are so many people who I have met that have gone thru so much with cross-cultural ministry that it amazes me how God works in these lives.
In short, this past week I have had a blast meeting new people, getting to know people I've met earlier in this trip and just being with these spanish kids and showing them God's love.

No comments: