Monday, August 9, 2010

English Camp Wk 2


To leave off of my last post in Spain, I had just finished the first week of English Camp. The second week was much more challenging in many aspects. The first week of camp the children were more timid but once they got comfortable with the routine of the camp, their personalities showed and with personalities came challenges with certain personalities. But by graduation night, the students were more than students, for me, they taught me how to communicate better and to love unconditionally even with challenging personalities.

Not only were relationships with the students flourished but I started to make connections with the other monitors. I was truely sad to say goodbye to so many wonderful people who have come from the states to help out at the camp. The camp was filled with so many amazing people from all over the states and by the end of the camp I was taught so many lesson through people's testimony and stories. I was in awe of the talented and Godly people that came to Spain for this English Camp. I wish I could better articulate what a joy it was to work along side these people and to serve God together.
Here is a picture of some of the amazing people who helped out with English Camp.
With the end of camp was the end of my journey in Tres Cantos. The Monday after English Camp had ended Jared and I flew out to Barcelona to assist the missionaries there. I was sad to say goodbye to Tres Cantos for a week. and more sad to say goodbye to my second host family. They were such wonderful people and made me feel like I was at home.

No comments: