Monday, June 21, 2010

oh Picasso...

Today I spent the day in Madrid's museums. We were trying to go to the big classical artwork one called the El Prado but it was closed. It was kinda sad.. but we ended up going to the Reina Sophia which holds some of Picasso's famous works. I dont think that art ever sounded so interesting as it did today. Its alot different when you are actually in a museum looking at art rather than in a classroom setting learning about it. The trip was definitely a huge learning experience and I think through this trip I have this new understanding of art, especially Picasso. Picasso was such a strange and somewhat disturbing person but the way that Inigo (my spanish tutor) had explained the Guernica and the message it portrayed the more I was interested in Picasso or at least his works of art.

However, I have found that I kind of dislike modern art. Ask me and ill explain why. LOL Here are some pictures of me and my companions messing around in the museum. :D

No comments: