Saturday, June 26, 2010

Serving Cross-Cultural

During my stay here in Spain not only will I be learning about the history of Spain but the main idea for Jared and I, being apart of Global Ventures, is that we are to learn and experience what cross-cultural servanthood is. Timothy Wendel and Timothy Westergren our two missionaries that we are working with have told us that are our role is very important. Jared and I get an opportunity to live with families in Spain where a the missionaries are not able to. Through living in the households we get a chance to live in a way that Jesus would have. These families that we stay with are non-believers but very kind and generous families. There are many challenges with living in these families, many cultural differences but for me going through the book Cross-cultural Servanthood with Jared and Tim Westergren has been really helpful in understanding how to serve others. It has also given light to my own views of Cross-cultural churches.

With that said, I have learned alot even in the week and half I have been here. I am just so excited to see what the next 4 1/2 weeks will hold, especially with the English Camp that the Global Ventures holds and with visiting the different churches within Spain. Its gonna be a busy 4 1/2 weeks so I apologize if I dont update as much.

No comments: