Saturday, June 26, 2010

Toledo, Royal Palace and El Prado

This past week has flown by so fast that I havent really had time to blog about it. On Wednesday I got a chance to go to Toledo. Toledo is known as one of the oldest towns in Spain. It was once a fortress that many had tried to attack. When we went there we saw many of the oldest buildings and cathedrals. The main cathedral was this huge building where inside were many tombs of old nobles and cardinals. The ceilings were so beautiful and colorful, that when I first walked in it was like I was sent back in time. Toledo also had beautiful and magnificent walls that surrounded it. These walls have been there since the 8th century i believe. I am not sure. They were really old and reminded me of Lord of the Rings castle walls. Being able to visit places like Toledo, it was just jaw dropping and amazing to be able to see history.

Then this last Friday I got a chance to visit the Royal Palace in Madrid and El Prado. The Royal Palace was what you would expect when you think of Buckingham Palace in England. The rooms were lined with gold and had wallpaper that was so extravagant. It was really cool. My favorite part was the Armory where they kept all the knights armor and weapons. Sadly the Royal Palace and the Cathedral we werent allowed to take pictures of. But the outside will give you a little idea of what the inside was like.

El Prado, the classical art museum was pretty awesome too. We spent hours looking at all the artwork from Goya to Raphael and other classical painters. I felt so cultured hehe.

1 comment:

Zach and Amanda said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the new look to the blog! Transformation is happening all over the place! Miss you!